Panopticon Gallery, specializing in contemporary photography, seeks an intern to begin May 2018. Candidates should be highly motivated, responsible, able to work independently, and have an interest in learning the ins and outs of commercial art galleries. This internship will provide an excellent opportunity to work in Boston’s oldest photography gallery and learn about artist management, marketing and sales, and collections management.
- Assisting with openings and providing general support during events.
- Interacting with the general public.
- Monitoring the gallery.
- Assisting in exhibition design and installation.
- Assisting in the design and production of promotional and press materials.
- Managing drop offs and pick ups of artworks and film.
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student who is working towards a degree in Photography, Art History, or Arts Administration and is considering a career in the commercial art market. Ideal candidates will be able to work independently and have strong customer service skills. The gallery is open Mondays – Saturdays. Our internships are unpaid and must be able to fulfill school credit. Interns will be able to work two days of the week beginning in May through the end of August 2018.
How To Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
April 30, 2018